Thursday, February 17, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

I've been wanting to put together a list of my favorite things (a la Oprah) for some time, but there are so many good products out there that I decided I would have to split it up based upon category. So here's my first "favorite things" post.

Today is all about cosmetics!

If you live up north, then you have been blessed with a nice change in temperature. I think it was around 70 degrees yesterday! This got me thinking about Summer and gearing up for all of the good stuff that it brings; trips to the beach, being outdoors, margaritas on the deck, longer days, summer dresses, sandals...no more layering!! Need I say more? I'm ready!

So time to get that skin looking good! Lot's of H2O, lots of moisturizer, lotion and sunscreen and possibly my next two products.

I'm all about sunless tanning and getting that sunny glow without all the direct sun exposure. Over the years I have tried many products, but last year I found this and am still hooked. Fake Bake is a great line of sunless products and it's also affordable! None of that yucky sunless smell, it's streak free, offers an immediate golden brown tan and lasts for days! Super Pale? Try this! Already have a natural tan complexion and want to play it up for summer? Try this! *like all self tanners, make sure you wear gloves when you apply.

Don't even think about applying any self tanners without making sure you exfoliate and keep that skin hydrated with lotion. True Blue Spa from Bath & Body Works is my go-to line. I'm obsessed with their "Need a Margarita?" Scrub and Shower Wash. Follow it up with Tahiti, Sweetie Lotion. The smell is what I would describe as vacation in a bottle.

If you know me, you know that I'm always in search of the next best foundation. Foundation is the most important item in your makeup bag. Right now I'm pretty obsessed with Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I love that you can dictate the coverage and I love that it is virtually undetectable to the naked eye...AND the camera! However, I do not recommend using the HD powder if you're planning on taking any pictures involving flash...just google Eva Longoria's makeup mishap!

Okay people. I am a new avon fanatic! A friend started selling it and I decided to try a couple things...gotta support your friend's business ventures, right?? Anyway, I LOVE the MARK brand by Avon, it's pretty awesome. One of my favorites, along with their customizable eyeshadow palettes, are the hook ups. The lip glosses, mascaras, highlighters, concealers can all be interchanged. All you do is snap the lip gloss into the connector and add another shade to the other side. Put a neutral shade for daytime on one side and snap on a sparkly wine color on the other side for evening! As simple as that...LOVE IT. And did I mention these are super cheap??? And not just cheap, but really good quality. I'm a M.A.C lover and I can 100% say that these lip glosses and eye shadows are JUST as pigmented and high quality.


Bobbi Brown's shimmer bricks are my everyday necessity (aside from concealer or foundation) in my makeup bag. I always use it! Bobbi offers these shimmer bricks in a wide range of colors...right now I use Nectar, it's a peachy/pink/bronzy shimmer. Don't care of shimmer? It's not at all over the top and you can dust on a small amount to the apples of your cheeks for a light glow.
BROWS!! Want to know how to get the perfect brows at home? Here's the secret! Anastasia (Beverly Hills Brow artist to the stars) has come out with a line of products to make it super easy to achieve perfect brows. The Brow Express Kit is my favorite. It comes with two shades of brow powder, setting wax, highlighter, angled brow brush and stencils. Find the stencil that you love, place it over your eyebrows, lightly fill it in with the powder (I normally combine both colors to get the perfect shade), pull the stencil away from the brow, set the brow with the wax, pluck any areas that are not filled in and brush a light sweep of the highlighter under the brow bone. I love this product...the brush alone is the BEST brow brush I've ever used!
Another Avon favorite is the Magix concealer! If you've tried or heard of YSL's amazing concealer, then you HAVE to try this. It's the same, if not better (definitely WAY cheaper)! I have dark circles under my eyes and just a little bit of this concealer takes them away!! It's unbelievable! I normally have to use a creme concealer stick, which is often times noticeable to the naked eye. The Avon Magix concealer disappears revealing no traces of dark circles!

Last, but not least, is my favorite chap stick! I can't live without it. Aquafina's Hydrating Lip Oil does exactly what it claims. It's a LARGE glass of water for your lips. I often times, especially in the winter, get really dry/chapped lips, and this is a miracle solution. Can't find it in your local drug store? Go to Aquafina's website and get a pack of 20 OR amazon.com.
All the products (minus AVON) can be found on amazon.com. The avon products can be bought online at the avon website. I didn't include prices because prices vary depending on the sellers on amazon.














No comments:

Post a Comment