Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Saturday!

As I recover from last nights' outing with my girl friends I'm excited to show you my progression in glass fusing.
I started with a single sheet of black glass and added a single flower to it. I made the flower pieces with glass at the torch. This is what I came up with first:

Then I decided that it was just too boring. I had to add more to it. So during my next torch session I made a variety of other components for more flowers. This is what I came up with next:

I do have to note here that it is really hard to photograph black glass! I will next slump this into a sushi plate mold. I have to plan to do it on a day that I am not going to make beads since I only have one kiln. Maybe I'll get it done on Tuesday.

Doing this project has given me a ton of ideas! I love the swirly pieces of stringer that I pulled and have in mind more designs using just swirls. I guess I'm pretty happy for this being my first.

Another happy thing to report is that I'm inspired to make more beads. My mojo is back! Here are a couple of my newer beads:





I really just realized that I have been making a bunch of floral beads. I think it's my inner child craving spring!
I hope you all have a great day! I'm going to be making boro hearts today, that's the plan anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment