Monday, January 19, 2009

Inspiration

What a long and fun weekend. Celebrated my son's 7th birthday with his party on Sunday. Today met up with a friend from high school that I haven't seen since 1992! Way too long! It was a great day!

I've been doing a lot of thinking of where my inspiration comes from when I make my beads. Many times I'm inspired by a challenge. I love when someone asks me if I can make a certain type of bead and I always say I'll try it. One customer once asked if I could make a dragon head so I tried it and ended up enjoying making them. This dragon bead is in The Flow Winter 2008 Women of Glass edition.Other things that inspire me are natural things in nature. Such as the human body, weather, plants and animals. This bead was recently inspired by all the cold snowy weather we have been getting. I added a cardinal on the snowy branch because I was thinking about my grandmother at the time. She was a true bird lover.

I found myself being inspired while doing last minute grocery shopping for the party this weekend by the packaging of items at the store. Have you ever looked at all the inspiring patterns on the Kleenex boxes in that isle at the store? I was impressed. I wish I had my camera with me at walmart that day... well, someone may have thought I was crazy taking photos of Kleenex in the store, LOL!! But my point is that if we open ourselves to see the color and patterns around us we can find inspiration everywhere. It is like we have to make a conscious effort to see it though. I find I have to be in the right state of mind to notice the inspiration that is all around us.
I hope everyone takes some moments this week to look around. You will find inspiration where you least expect it. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment