Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Slump

It sure is hard for me to blog when I'm not feeling very creative. I feel like I am in a slump. It could be because I'm fighting a bad sinus infection, burnt my fingers pretty bad last time I torched, and trying to keep up with my real life job and family - who knows. So I'm giving myself permission to take a little break. I'll be back on the torch in a couple days for sure. I do have a request from a friend to make. Usually once I get on the torch the ideas will flow. I'm just not feeling it today. I think I'll tomorrow I'll have an inspirational day where I will pay attention to colors and patterns around me. Hopefully something will stick in my artistic subconscious.

In my last session I got stuck on organics. I've been seeing so many wonderful organic beads being made by some of my glass friends that their inspiration rubbed off on me. Here are a couple little focal and earring pair sets I made. The bead with the flower was made with transparent grey, ivory and silvered ivory with a raised flower on top. I etched this set for that soft matte finish. I absolutely love etched transparent grey! The green set is made with Jungle Twilight from Vetrofond. One of my favorite greens! I mixed in a bit of silvered ivory stringer, some random twistie I had sitting on my work tray, and a bit of frog pond green. Then I banged this set around on the graphite marver to give it an uneven square-ish like shape.









I hope you all have a wonderful day with lots of inspiring creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment