Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Karen Sugarman, "A Delectable Confection"

Karen Sugarman is a long time client and good friend of the Bead World family.  A gifted interior designer as well as jeweler, she peppers her blog entries with references to film, literature, fine cuisine, home decor and, of course, jewelry.  I thought I'd share a bit of her latest entry, so you can share in the fun.  For more, visit Karen Sugarman Designs.





"A Delectable Confection"

The first time I heard these words was from my DH not long after we were married. It was to me (and still is), the cutest term of endearment I had ever heard. My hubby has an adorable sense of humor and this little phrase has been passed back and forth for many years.

Pastel colors have long been a favorite of mine when designing interiors. There is a serene and comforting quality to the whisper of the diffused colors. Dramatic and dark rooms are always sophisticated, but much like a “diva friend”, they can be exhausting and numbing after too much drama. (Princess and the Pea bedroom, Karen Sugarman Interiors)


With all these beautiful Easter/Spring colors in my head, I just completed a new bracelet design called Marie’s Folly. It is a magnificent combination of pastel tourmaline briolettes flanked by gorgeously organic aquamarine/beryl pastel slices. Pastel tourmaline is actually in short supply as it is found in Afghanistan in remote and very dangerous regions.  (Marie's Folly Bracelet, Karen Sugarman)



Knowing that Marie Antoinette had a great fondness for all things pastel, I feel certain that she would have approved of this “delectable confection”.

No comments:

Post a Comment