Monday, February 15, 2010

My Favorite Jewelry Finding of All Time!

I'm pretty picky when it comes to choosing findings for my beaded treasures.  I like my pieces to be modern, clean lined and very, very solidly built.  Wimpy, wiggly ear wires simply will not do!  That said, this 40mm sterling silver hoop finding from Nina Designs is my absolute favorite finding OF ALL TIME.  I've been using it for years, and continue to go back to it time and again.  It is quite substantial and holds up to an amazing amount of wear and tear.  Of course, there are less expensive hoop findings out there. (This one retails for around $40.00 in our Bead World stores, with a smaller version for around $25.00.)  But I've never found a hoop finding that feels or looks this good.  I'm happy to pay a bit more for a piece of jewelry that will last and look every bit as fresh and new five years later.  A couple of examples of the earrings I've made...


Faceted 4mm apatite rondelles with sterling silver spacers



Smooth 3mm ruby rondelles... you can never go wrong with rubies!

Let me know what your favorites are!

No comments:

Post a Comment